Saturday 9 January 2010

Cayenne Chillies



Being short of space, I don't have room for a greenhouse, so I tend to have lots of little pots on the windowsill. It drives Phil crazy especially come spring time as I love to grow stuff from seed. Anybody who knows me will tell you that I'm  messy and unorganised, so you can imagine the carnage:-) This little Cayenne chilli pepper was grown from seed last year and is still flowering a treat. The flowers are so pretty and it's given a decent crop of chillies so far. I'm going to repot it with some fresh compost to see if I can keep it going for another year. Not having space means I have to be very selective about what I grow. This year I think I'll go for lots of different varieties of Sunflowers, Chillies, Foxgloves, Spuds, Lettuce,  and a good selection of herbs. In all honesty I tend to stick to plants that benefit wildlife and are useful when cooking.

1 comment: