Tuesday 27 October 2009

Beautiful Autumn Colour Without A Sniff Of Fiery Red And Orange


The flower that's climbing round the drain pipe and the daisy were snaps from the Raithwaite estate in Sandsend. The lovely white and yellow climber could be Solanum jasminoides 'Album' but i'm no expert on these matters.The evergreen Viburnum is planted just outside my front door and was a propagation success from my dad who seems to have the knack when it comes to getting new plants for free. The large showy mophead Hydrangea was spotted whilst taking a stroll through the local cemetery, I've not seen many of the white flowered variety in the surrounding area, mostly the colours tend to be blue, red, pink and purple. I think I've read somewhere that the colour depends on the PH of the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment