Sunday 15 November 2009

My Favorite Christmas Card



Seeing Crafty green poet's Christmas cards got me thinking that although I get many cards each year I don't ever recall receiving a handmade card from anyone. Ahhhh shame I hear you say;-) My mum on the other hand has received many from her friends and each Christmas gets them back out again with a big appreciative smile on her face. Handmade cards give you the feel good factor don't they. I once made a cross stitch card for the Morgan family up in Guisborough, it was a labour of love and took me ages to finish. It nearly didn't get sent as I'd grown quite attached to it in the end. However to cut a long story short here's my favourite Christmas card which was sent to me by my mum about three years ago, I've told her not to send me anymore because its nice enough to just dust off and enjoy all over again. As you can see I'm a bit of an old magpie when it comes to all things glittery and shiny.

2 comments:

  1. That is a really cool card, it has a very old fashioned look.
    The Road to Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo lovely! I need to start getting mine under way! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete